Dental Implants in Arlington, TX
Smile With Confidence Again
Restoring the confidence of a beautiful smile is within your reach. At Central Park Dental & Orthodontics, Dr. Jung DDS, a dedicated dentist in Arlington, TX, offers state-of-the-art dental implants designed to restore not just your smile, but your confidence and quality of life too.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are small titanium posts that act as artificial tooth roots when placed in the jawbone. Over time, these posts fuse with the natural bone, providing a sturdy foundation for custom-made crowns, effectively replacing missing teeth.
What Dental Problems Can Dental Implants Treat?
Dental implants serve as a versatile solution for various dental concerns:
- Single Tooth Loss: An implant can replace a single missing tooth without impacting adjacent teeth.
- Multiple Tooth Loss: Implants can support bridges to replace several missing teeth.
- Complete Tooth Loss: They can support full dentures, providing a secure fit and natural look.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Dental Implants
- Adults with one or more missing teeth.
- Those with a fully grown jawbone.
- Patients with healthy oral tissues and adequate bone to secure the implants.
- Non-smokers or those willing to quit, as smoking can affect bone healing.
Potentially Not Suitable:
- Pregnant women.
- Heavy smokers.
- Individuals with chronic illnesses or systemic problems.
- Those who’ve had radiation therapy near the jaw area.
Consulting with Dr. Jung, our Arlington dentist, is the best way to determine your suitability for implants.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Natural Appearance: They resemble and function like natural teeth.
- Durability: With proper care, implants can last a lifetime.
- Enhanced Oral Health: Unlike tooth-supported bridges, implants don’t require altering other teeth.
- Comfort and Convenience: They eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures and the need for messy adhesives.
What To Expect
- Consultation: Dr. Jung DDS assesses your oral health, takes X-rays, and creates a tailored treatment plan.
- Placement: The implant is surgically placed in the jawbone.
- Healing: Over a few months, the implant integrates with your bone.
- Abutment Placement: Once healed, an abutment (a small connector) is attached to the implant.
- Crown Fitting: A custom-made crown is then placed over the abutment.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
Costs vary based on individual needs, like the number of implants and any additional procedures (like bone grafting). A detailed estimate will be provided after your consultation with Dr. Jung DDS. While dental implants may have a higher upfront cost than other solutions, their longevity and benefits often make them a cost-effective choice in the long run.
Are They Painful?
While the idea of getting dental implants might sound daunting, most patients report feeling minimal discomfort. Local anesthesia ensures the process is pain-free, and post-surgery, any discomfort is manageable with over-the-counter pain relievers and is often likened to a tooth extraction.
Are There Any Restrictions Over Food and Drinks?
Initially, after the implant placement, it’s advisable to stick to soft foods to allow the surgical site to heal. After complete healing and crown placement, patients can enjoy their favorite foods without worry.
How to Care for Dental Implants
- Brush twice daily and floss regularly.
- Attend regular check-ups with your dentist near Arlington, TX.
- Avoid chewing on hard items like ice or pens.
- Maintain a balanced diet to support overall oral health.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dental Implants in Arlington, TX
Q: How long will my dental implants last?
A: With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime, though the crown might need replacement after 10-15 years.
Q: Are dental implants safe?
A: Yes. Implants have a proven track record for safety and success.
Q: Can I get dental implants if I have gum disease?
A: Gum disease must be treated before implant surgery to ensure the best outcome.
Q: How do implants compare to dentures?
A: Dental implants are fixed, feel natural, and often offer better speech and chewing capabilities compared to dentures.
Q: Will I need bone grafting?
A: If you lack sufficient bone density, Dr. Jung might recommend bone grafting.
Q: How soon after a tooth extraction can I get an implant?
A: Ideally, it’s best to get an implant as soon as possible after an extraction, but individual factors can influence the timing.
Q: What if my dental implant fails?
A: Implant failure is rare but if it happens, the implant can often be replaced with another one.
Q: How long is the recovery process?
A: Most patients return to normal activities within a day, but full healing can take several months.
Transform Your Smile with Central Park Dental & Orthodontics
If you’re ready to revolutionize your smile, Dr. Jung DDS and her dedicated team at Central Park Dental & Orthodontics are here to guide you every step of the way through getting dental implants. Schedule your consultation today and let’s begin your journey to a radiant, confident smile.
Ready to get started?!
Contact us & plan your visit
We can’t wait to meet you! Contact us and plan your first visit today.