Sleep Apnea Treatment in Arlington, TX
Get Better Quality Sleep
Are you struggling with consistent sleep disturbances, loud snoring, or waking up feeling exhausted? Sleep apnea is more common than most realize and can significantly impact your quality of life. At Central Park Dental & Orthodontics in Arlington, we offer comprehensive sleep apnea treatment, ensuring that residents of our community have peaceful, restful nights. Dr. Jung, a leading dentist in Arlington, TX, combines her dental expertise with sleep apnea solutions that work.
What is Sleep Apnea?
Sleep apnea is a potentially severe sleep disorder wherein breathing repeatedly stops and starts. If you snore loudly and feel tired even after a full night’s sleep, you might have sleep apnea. It’s crucial to note that untreated sleep apnea can lead to a series of health complications, including heart disease, diabetes, and more. In very rare cases, it can prove to be fatal.
Types of Sleep Apnea
Before diving into the treatments, it’s essential to recognize the specific types of sleep apnea, as the approach to remedy can vary based on the kind of sleep apnea you have. The disorder primarily branches into three categories. Knowing which type you have can help in understanding the best treatment options available and how Dr. Jung, our premier Arlington dentist, can assist you. Here are the primary forms of sleep apnea:
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA): This is the most common form, and it occurs when throat muscles relax excessively, blocking the airway.
- Central Sleep Apnea: Unlike OSA, this type isn’t caused by a blocked air passage but happens when your brain fails to send proper signals to the muscles controlling breathing.
- Complex Sleep Apnea Syndrome: Also known as treatment-emergent central sleep apnea, it’s a combination of both OSA and central sleep apnea.
Sleep Apnea Treatment Options by Dr. Jung DDS
Oral Appliance Therapy: A popular treatment for OSA, these are custom-made devices that look much like a sports mouthguard. They reposition the jaw and tongue to keep the airway open. Dr. Jung, your dentist near Arlington, TX, specializes in crafting these appliances to fit comfortably and effectively.
Positional Therapy: Some patients experience sleep apnea more in certain positions. Positional therapy uses devices to encourage sleeping in positions that prevent sleep apnea episodes.
Lifestyle Changes: Weight loss, alcohol moderation, and smoking cessation can significantly alleviate symptoms. Dr. Jung often works in tandem with other healthcare providers to offer holistic solutions.
Benefits of Oral Appliance Therapy for Sleep Apnea
Oral appliance therapy has emerged as one of the preferred methods for treating obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). Dr. Jung has witnessed firsthand the positive changes this treatment brings to her patients. Here are some of the prominent benefits of opting for oral appliance therapy:
- Comfort and Fit: Unlike other treatments, oral appliances are custom-designed for each patient, ensuring a comfortable fit. They are often compared to orthodontic retainers or sports mouthguards in terms of feel.
- Convenience for Travel: If you travel frequently, carrying a bulky CPAP machine can be cumbersome. Oral appliances, on the other hand, are compact and easy to transport, making them travel-friendly.
- Quiet Solution: A significant advantage of oral appliances is the silence. Unlike the noise associated with CPAP machines, oral appliances operate silently, ensuring both you and your partner can sleep peacefully.
- Ease of Use: There’s a simplicity associated with oral appliances. No wires, no electricity, just wear it, and you’re set. This ease of use often results in higher patient compliance compared to other treatment options.
- Less Intrusive: Many patients find CPAP masks to be claustrophobic or uncomfortable, especially if they move around frequently in their sleep. Oral appliances are less intrusive and can be particularly beneficial for restless sleepers.
- Holistic Treatment: In addition to treating sleep apnea, some oral appliances can also address issues like teeth grinding or TMJ disorders, offering a holistic approach to oral health.
- Maintenance: Cleaning and maintaining an oral appliance is straightforward. A gentle brush and occasional check-ups with your Arlington dentist ensure its longevity and effectiveness.
By considering these benefits, many patients have found oral appliance therapy to be a game-changer in their battle against sleep apnea. Dr. Jung DDS can guide you on whether this treatment is the ideal solution for your specific needs.
What To Expect During Your Consult
Embarking on a journey to address sleep apnea begins with a comprehensive consultation at Central Park Dental & Orthodontics. When you step into our clinic for your sleep apnea consult, you are met with a warm, welcoming environment. Dr. Jung, our skilled dentist in Arlington, TX, takes a patient-centric approach to understanding your concerns thoroughly. The consultation initiates with a detailed discussion about your sleep patterns, symptoms, and any previous diagnoses or treatments you’ve undergone.
This is followed by a non-invasive oral examination to check for any signs that might contribute to sleep apnea, such as the positioning of the jaw or the state of the soft tissues.
Dr. Jung may also recommend a sleep study, if not already done, to get a definitive diagnosis. This is done in tandem with sleep medicine doctors Central Park Dental & Orthodontics has partnered with.
By the end of the consultation, you’ll have a clear understanding of the potential sleep apnea treatment options. Your journey to better sleep is a collaborative effort, and our team ensures you’re informed and comfortable every step of the way.
Put An End To Sleep Apnea in Arlington, TX!
Don’t let sleep apnea continue to disrupt your life. Dr. Jung and our team at Central Park Dental and Orthodontics are ready to provide the relief you’ve been searching for. Schedule an appointment today and embark on your journey to restful sleep with leading-edge sleep apnea treatment in Arlington, TX.
Ready to get started?!
Contact us & plan your visit
We can’t wait to meet you! Contact us and plan your first visit today.