Orthodontist in Arlington, TX
If you are ready to start your journey toward a straighter smile, the team at Central Park Dental & Orthodontics is here to help you achieve just that! We specialize in straightening teeth and correcting misaligned bites using a variety of orthodontic treatments.
Our skilled orthodontist in Arlington, TX, will evaluate your bite and determine which orthodontic treatment is best for you. We are committed to providing high-quality care to help you achieve a healthy, beautiful smile.
What is Orthodontics?
Orthodontics focuses on correcting irregularities of the teeth and jaws, as well as their alignment and how they fit together. Orthodontics not only focuses on straightening teeth but also correcting crossbites, overbites, and underbites which can have an impact on how you chew or speak. Today, orthodontic treatment can be performed faster, more comfortably, and more effectively than in years past.
Orthodontics is often thought of as just a way to enhance the appearance of a smile, but it can also have a greater positive impact on your oral health and function. In fact, a properly aligned smile is more likely to be free from tooth decay or gum disease.
Types of Orthodontic Treatments
- Adult Orthodontics
- Clear Braces
- Early Orthodontics
- Invisalign® Clear Aligners
- Teen Orthodontics
Metal braces are the most traditional type of braces. They consist of metal brackets attached to the teeth’ front and connected by a wire. The wire is tightened periodically to gradually move the teeth into their proper positions. Metal braces are generally more durable and stronger than other types of braces, making them a good option for patients with severe orthodontic issues.
Ceramic Braces (Clear Braces)
Ceramic braces are similar to metal braces, but they are made of clear or tooth-colored materials, making them less noticeable. They consist of ceramic brackets attached to the front of the teeth and connected by a wire. The wire is tightened periodically to gradually move the teeth into their proper positions. Ceramic braces are a good option for patients who want a more discreet orthodontic treatment.
Clear aligners are a popular alternative to traditional metal braces. They consist of a series of clear, plastic tray-like aligners that are custom-made to fit over the teeth. The aligners are worn for 20-22 hours a day and are changed every two weeks to gradually move the teeth into their proper positions. Clear aligners are virtually invisible and are more comfortable to wear than braces.
Invisalign® is a type of clear aligner system that is used to straighten teeth. It consists of a series of clear, plastic tray-like aligners that are custom-made to fit over the teeth. Invisalign® is well known for the technology that is used to gather scans of the mouth and create custom trays. The aligners are worn for 20-22 hours a day and are changed every two weeks to gradually move the teeth into their proper positions. Invisalign® is a popular choice for patients who want a virtually invisible orthodontic treatment.
Retainers are used to hold the teeth in place after orthodontic treatment. They come in two main types: removable and fixed. Removable retainers are made of plastic or acrylic and fit over the top of the teeth. Fixed retainers are bonded to the back of the teeth and are not removable. Retainers are worn to prevent the teeth from shifting back to their original positions after treatment.
Benefits of Orthodontic Treatment
Orthodontic treatment can benefit people of all ages. Some of the benefits include:
- Improved oral health: Straight teeth are easier to clean and maintain, which can help prevent tooth decay and gum disease. Proper alignment of the teeth also prohibits jaw issues like TMJ.
- Improved appearance: Straight teeth and a properly aligned bite can improve the appearance of your smile and boost self-confidence.
- Improved function: Misaligned teeth and jaw problems can cause difficulty with speaking, chewing, and biting. Orthodontic treatment can help correct these problems and improve the function of the teeth and jaw.
- Prevention of further problems: Orthodontic treatment can help prevent future dental problems by correcting misalignment and bite issues early on.
Why Choose Our Orthodontic Practice?
Our experienced orthodontist in Arlington, TX, is well known for providing high-quality orthodontic care in a welcoming and friendly environment. Our experienced and compassionate team members are here to ensure you receive the best care possible. Some of the things that set us apart include:
- State-of-the-art technology: We use the latest technology to ensure accurate diagnoses and efficient treatment.
- Customized treatment plans: We understand that every patient is unique, and we develop customized treatment plans to meet the specific needs and goals of each patient
- All-under-one-roof: We don’t just offer orthodontics but we conveniently offer all the dental treatments you may need in-house, whether that may be cosmetic or general dentistry.
To learn more about orthodontics and the treatment options we offer at our office, feel free to contact our office. Our team is dedicated to giving you a straighter, more beautiful smile with ease.
Ready to get started?!
Contact us & plan your visit
We can’t wait to meet you! Contact us and plan your first visit today.